Below Deck Down Under’s Captain Jason Chambers Reveals Melanoma Diagnosis

Below Deck Down Under’s Captain Jason Chambers is opening up about a recent health scare.

A reality television star shared through Instagram on Monday, December 16, that a recent biopsy he underwent confirmed he had melanoma, a form of skin cancer.

During the video, Captain Jason, 52, revealed, “I’m currently in Australia where the biopsy was carried out in Bali. The Australian medical professionals were not satisfied with the initial results, prompting them to proceed to stage 2, which involves a more extensive excision and testing of glands. I am awaiting the specimen from Bali, which is expected to arrive this week, although it might not be until after Christmas.”

The Australian star encouraged his fellow countrymen to be extra cautious as the weather gets hotter over the next few months.

Bravo and Peacock viewers were in for a treat with the premiere of Below Deck Down Under — with many of the show’s stars leaving a lasting impression. The spinoff series, which debuted in 2022, featured Below Deck Mediterranean alum Aesha Scott. The chief stew joined Captain Jason Chambers and the rest of the group […]

Emphasizing the prevalence of melanoma, he stated, “Two out of three individuals are affected by melanoma. It is a significant issue. With a summer heatwave approaching, remember to wear a hat,” he advised. He also added that although he used to avoid sunscreen, he now opts for chemical-free options and encourages others to use sunscreen, seek shade, and protect themselves from the sun’s harmful rays.

In the caption of his post, Captain Jason added, “For someone that spent their life in the sun, as a child playing sport to working on the ocean, I thought I was resistant to the damaging effects of the sun. I love the sun and its health benefits are evident, but be wise and like everything in life, it’s all about balance, choose your battles.”

“With a diagnosed melanoma biopsy, I now have an anxious wait and what I thought was a skin spot turned in just 6 months, early detection is the key,” he continued.

The post concluded, “So find a chemical free sunscreen product, get some shade with a hat and enjoy the sun with protection.”

Captain Jason has been at the helm of Below Deck Down Under, which airs on Peacock, for two seasons. A third season has already been filmed.

“Season 3 has been filmed. I just know it’s in edits at the moment, but it has been filmed and I can confirm that,” Jason exclusively told Us Weekly in September. “The most information out so far is that it has been confirmed.”

Season 2 of Below Deck Down Under, which aired in 2023, made headlines when ship bosun Luke Jones was filmed getting into bed naked with stewardess Margot Sisson, who at the time was passed out after an alcohol-fueled crew night out. After a cameraman intervened, producers made Luke leave the boat and he was moved to a hotel for the night. Jason ultimately terminated Luke and let stewardess Laura Bileskaline go after she blamed Margot for his exit.

Below Deck Down Under set an important precedent about consent following tense back-to-back episodes — which resulted in two crew members being fired. During the new episodes, which aired on Monday, August 7, Luke Jones climbed into Margot Sisson‘s bed naked while she was passed out. Luke got angry after producers intervened, which concerned his […]

The captain told Us that the scandal surrounding season 2 led to some big changes being implemented while shooting the new season.

“There were changes for sure. I know that the policies and procedures were in place during the previous seasons, even when that happened. When production stepped in and stopped it, that showed that these policies and procedures were very understood,” Jason noted. “Now for the next season, the policies and procedures weren’t just controlled by the production team itself. They actually brought additional HR people to actually make sure that the black and white writing was understood by all.”

You May Also Like

Taylor Swift and Blake Lively Reconnect Amid Justin Baldoni Lawsuit Following Singer’s Feelings of Being Taken Advantage Of

The singer was upset about being implicated in Baldoni’s legal response to…

Prince Harry Feels Very Sad Due to Investigations into Bullying Claims Against Charity

Prince Harry is facing concerns as his charity, Sentebale, is being looked…

‘SNL’ Skits Parody Morgan Wallen’s Departure From the Show in Two Sketches: ‘Cash Exiting the Market Quicker Than Morgan Wallen at Goodnights’

– Kim Kardashian and Beyoncé Hold Emergency Calls After Kanye West’s Alleged Attack on Singer’s Kids

Reports suggest that despite the lack of public response from Beyoncé regarding…

Terrence Howard Alleges Diddy Made Unwanted Advances Towards Him During Private Meeting: ‘I’m Not Into That’

Actor and musician Terrence Howard recently claimed that during a private meeting…

Hailey Bieber Sparks Speculation of Relationship Troubles With Questionable Action at Girls Night Out

The public sighting comes at a time when fans are voicing concern…

Lily Allen and Miquita Oliver Speak Up on Rachel Zegler Debate

Recently, movie producer Marc Platt’s son, Jonah Platt, blasted Zegler, blaming her…

Breaking Down Brittany’s Unaired Engagement to Former ‘Love Is Blind’ Fiance, Mo

Brittany Dodson is ready to share her side of the story regarding…

Phil Robertson’s son shares update on his father’s health amid Alzheimer’s battle

“Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson is reportedly not doing well amid his…

The Almost Partnership of Val Kilmer and Will Forte on ‘Amazing Race’

The late Val Kilmer was a reality TV fan just like the…

Walter Salles, Academy Award winner, discusses the influence of the film ‘I’m Still Here’ on Brazilian youth and shares details of his new project about Brazilian soccer legend Sócrates at the Doha Qumra Workshop.