'Ghost Adventures' star Aaron Goodwin's wife Victoria Goodwin appears in court for alleged murder-for-hire plot with Grant Amato

LAS VEGAS — The wife of a paranormal reality series cast member charged with plotting his murder was in court this week.

Earlier this month, the wife of “Ghost Adventures” star Aaron Goodwin was arrested on suspicion of solicitation to commit murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Police discovered she was involved in a “murder for hire” plot targeting her husband.

Victoria Goodwin was arrested on March 6 in Nevada, where the couple lives, according to publicly available inmate records. She is currently held on $100,000 bail following an initial court hearing held on Tuesday, as indicated in court records.

An obtained copy of the police report revealed that investigators found Victoria Goodwin had planned to “commit the murder of” her husband with an inmate in Florida, with whom she had been in contact. A sum of $11,000 had reportedly been allocated for payment once the deed was completed.

CNN has reached out to representatives for both Victoria and Aaron Goodwin.

Police uncovered text messages between Victoria Goodwin and the inmate that allegedly indicated she was conspiring and soliciting to murder Aaron Goodwin through a third party who the inmate was corresponding with. Their communications included plans for Victoria Goodwin to make an initial payment in the amount of $2,500, according to police.

She was in love with the inmate, according to the police report, and felt her husband “would not accept divorce.”

Excerpts of text messages included in the report show Goodwin allegedly giving the inmate information about her husband’s whereabouts in connection with the plot and questioning if she was “a bad person” because she “chose to end his existence” instead of divorcing him.

Following her arrest, Goodwin told police that she initially began writing to the inmate after she became aware of him from a true crime documentary, according to the police report. They eventually began communicating via text message.

Goodwin “denied wanting her husband to be killed,” according to the report, and described herself as “daydreaming of being in a different situation, but she “no longer felt that way.”

She also told police that she began talking to the inmate at a point in time when she and her husband “were going through problems in their marriage” and described feeling lonely.

In court Tuesday, Victoria Goodwin claimed she doesn’t remember sending the messages.

The next step in the case is a status check, which is set for April 8.

Aaron Goodwin filed for divorce after his wife was arrested.

Aaron Goodwin is an actor and host, best known for starring alongside Zak Bagans on the Discovery+’s “Ghost Adventures.” Aaron and Victoria Goodwin have been married since 2022, according to a post on her Instagram.

Discovery+, like CNN, is owned by Warner Bros. Discovery.

You May Also Like
Why three major countries were conspicuously left OFF Trump's massive tariffs list

The reason why three important countries were noticeably excluded from Trump’s extensive list of tariffs

President Donald Trump announced Wednesday his decision to impose extensive economic tariffs…
Canada's PM Carney vows to ‘fight’ Trump’s tariffs, other world leaders weigh impact

Canadian Prime Minister Carney pledges to ‘battle’ against Trump’s tariffs, while other global leaders assess the consequences

Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney expressed determination on Wednesday to combat the…
Grim news for Morning Joe as young viewers desert Mika and Joe in droves

Young Viewers Turning Away from Morning Joe with Mika and Joe in Large Numbers

MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’ lost in the sought-after 25-54 demographic to CNN’s ‘News Central’…
Speaker Johnson suffers a defeat in his push to block parents in the U.S. House from proxy voting

Speaker Johnson faces a setback in his attempt to prevent parents in the U.S. House from voting by proxy.

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Mike Johnson suffered a significant defeat on Tuesday…
Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson announces Cook County Commissioner Anthony Joel Quezada for 35th Ward alderman pick

“Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson Endorses Anthony Joel Quezada for 35th Ward Alderman”

In Chicago, Mayor Brandon Johnson has chosen Cook County Commissioner Anthony Joel…
Illegal immigrant who allegedly escaped Colorado ICE site during power outage captured on bus

Undocumented migrant reportedly caught after fleeing Colorado ICE facility during power loss

The second illegal immigrant who allegedly escaped from a Colorado detention center…
Dirt bikes, ATVs driven around World War II memorial in Washington, DC: video

“Watch as Dirt Bikes and ATVs Ride around the World War II Memorial in Washington, DC”

People on dirt bikes and ATVs were seen driving inside the World…
The full truth about Elon Musk's DOGE exit revealed by White House insiders: Why Trump is 'highly disappointed'... and 'Ice Maiden' Susie Wiles's relentless vendetta

Insiders at the White House share details on Elon Musk’s departure from DOGE: Trump expresses deep disappointment, while Susie Wiles continues her relentless pursuit.

The White House is working aggressively to refute a shocking report claiming…
Bodycam in Connecticut house of horrors shows suspect after stepson's fiery escape

Footage from body camera in Connecticut reveals suspect following stepson’s escape from burning house.

Bodycam video from the Waterbury Police Department captures Kimberly Sullivan, the suspected…
'Fake News': Karoline Leavitt Calls Report About Elon Musk 'Garbage'

Karoline Leavitt Dismisses Report on Elon Musk as ‘Fake News’

After examining the situation, I discovered that the information provided came from…
Elon Musk's $20M political humiliation after Trump-backed candidate's spectacular loss in Wisconsin

Elon Musk Faces Setback with $20M Political Contribution in Wisconsin Election

Donald Trump and Elon Musk are celebrating the approval of a new…
Nevada girl, 7, killed in Lake Tahoe ski resort boulder accident: police

Tragic Accident: 7-Year-Old Girl Dies in Boulder Incident at Lake Tahoe Ski Resort, Confirm Police

A 7-year-old Nevada girl died after being struck by a falling boulder…