Netanyahu announces Hamas hostage & ceasefire deal WILL be signed off by Israel after talks almost collapsed last minute

ISRAEL has announced the much anticipated ceasefire and hostage deal with Hamas will finally be signed.

It comes after after Israel accused Hamas terrorists of “last-minute blackmail “on Thursday sparking fears the deal would collapse.

Benjamin Netanyahu at a press conference.
Israeli PM Netanyahu said the deal will be signedCredit: AP
A woman walks past a wall displaying photos of hostages with the text "Bring them home now!" in Hebrew and English.
The first phase of the deal sees 33 hostages released
A woman wearing a white hoodie and a navy and white scarf makes a peace sign in a stadium.
Brit Emily Damari is among those set to be released by Hamas
Protestors demanding the return of prisoners held by Hamas.
The first stage of the deal sees the release of 33 hostagesCredit: Getty
Illustration of a three-phase peace deal for the Middle East, showing ceasefire, hostage release, and border details.

The Israeli cabinet is set to meet this morning to give final approval to the deal, the PM’s Netanyahu’s office said.

But in the early hours today, Netanyahu’s office said approval was imminent.

The negotiating team informed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that agreements had been reached on a deal to release the hostages, his office reported.

The security cabinet would meet on Friday before a full meeting of the cabinet on Saturday to approve the deal.

This pushes back the release of the first batch of hostages to Monday.

Following the announcement of a truce, Israeli warplanes continued to launch intense strikes in Gaza, resulting in at least 86 casualties as confirmed by Palestinian authorities on Thursday.

According to White House spokesperson John Kirby, Washington expressed confidence that the agreement was progressing as planned, with a ceasefire anticipated to take effect “as soon as late this weekend” in the prolonged 15-month conflict.

“We are seeing nothing that would tell us that this is going to get derailed at this point,” he said on CNN on Thursday.

US secretary of state Antony Blinken said that a “loose end” in the negotiations needed to be resolved.

A US official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said this was a dispute over the identities of some prisoners Hamas wanted released.

A group representing families of Israeli hostages in Gaza, 33 of whom are due to be freed in the first six-week phase of the accord, urged Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to move forward quickly.

“For the 98 hostages, each night is another night of terrible nightmare. Do not delay their return even for one more night,” the group said in a statement late on Thursday carried by Israeli media.

List of hostages Hamas says will release

WOMEN AND CHILDREN:

  • Romi Gonen, 23
  • Emily Damari, 27
  • Arbel Yehud, 29
  • Doron Steinbrecher, 31
  • Ariel Bibas, 5
  • Kfir Bibas, 1
  • Shiri Silberman Bibas, 33
  • Liri Albag, 19
  • Karina Ariev, 20
  • Agam Berger, 21
  • Danielle Gilboa, 20
  • Naama Levy, 20

REST OF THE MEN:

  • Ohad Ben-Ami, 58
  • Gadi Moshe Moses, 80
  • Keith Siegel, 65
  • Ofer Calderon, 54
  • Eli Sharabi, 52
  • Itzik Elgarat, 70
  • Shlomo Mansour, 86
  • Ohad Yahalomi, 50
  • Youssef Hamis Ziyadne, 54
  • Oded Lifshitz, 84
  • Tsahi Idan, 50

Source: Times of Israel 

Thesun.co.uk is your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

You May Also Like

Baby’s body discovered next to damaged casket at cemetery; inquiry in progress

West Virginia officials said no graves were disturbed at a cemetery where…

Val Kilmer’s lost voice in Top Gun: Maverick scenes with Tom Cruise brought to emotional tears

Val Kilmer’s final ever film role left tears in fans’ eyes as…

Ancient buried pyramid discovered by chance after 2000 years, filled with treasures – and its purpose remains a mystery.

A HIDDEN pyramid buried for 2,200 years has been unearthed alongside hoards…

Tourists park a group of RVs on a popular scenic location despite warnings for residents to stay away, and the council promises to remove them

A group of travellers have parked a fleet of caravans on a…

Meghan’s Latest Update: Duchess Reveals She Feeds Archie and Lili ‘Chicken Nuggets and Veggie Burgers’ Following Reflections on Her Childhood Diet on Netflix Documentary

Meghan Markle revealed that she frequently serves her children frozen chicken nuggets…

Trump imposes 10% tariffs on the UK and announces ‘Liberation Day’ tariffs, including a 25% on all foreign car imports. Starmer decides not to retaliate, while the EU faces a 20% tariff.

Donald Trump imposed 10 per cent ‘reciprocal’ tariffs on the UK tonight…

Unveiling Val Kilmer’s poignant final post following tragic passing at 65

After a devastating years-long battle with throat cancer and deteriorating health, Val Kilmer has…

“Continued Target Boycott as Employee Raises Concerns and Customers Vow to Stay Away”

TARGET employees have noticed a significant drop off in foot traffic after…

Exclusive Video Footage: Suspect Caught Loading Teen’s Body after Luring Online

When Miranda Corsette loses both parents, she moves in with her grandmother…

Bus Driver Reveals Details about Virginia Giuffre’s Accident Involving Prince Andrew Accuser

THE bus driver involved in a crash which allegedly left Virginia Giuffre…

26-year-old who sexually assaulted a five-year-old girl during babysitting to have confidential parole review to prevent distress

A man who sexually assaulted a five-year-old girl he was babysitting will…

“Heathrow Executives Alerted to Substation Issues Shortly Before Fire Led to Power Outage and Airport Shutdown”

Heathrow bosses were warned of potential substation failures just days before the…