Moment vile crack cocaine-fuelled rapist who attacked string of women hunts for his victims on a night out

A cocaine-fuelled rapist who attacked a string of women has been seen hunting for victims on a night out. 

Stuart Thomson, 34, has been jailed for life for a ‘campaign of rape’ committed in Manchester city centre. 

The thug went out armed with a knife and targeted sex workers on the streets behind Piccadilly station after using crack cocaine.

Thomson approached women, proposed sexual services in exchange for money, then used a knife to force them into sexual acts. According to Manchester Crown Court, he sexually assaulted three women and tried to assault a fourth.

One woman escaped when Thomson threatened her with a knife. These attacks happened over a span of three hours on the night of January 30 last year.

Thomson, who was living in a hostel at the time, robbed his final victim of her handbag, leaving her without a mobile phone to raise the alarm. 

‘You treated each of these women like pieces of meat, as less than human,’ Judge Hilary Manley told Thomson.

‘Your contempt for each of them was plainly evident throughout the trial and particularly when you gave evidence. 

Stuart Thomson is seen walking along the street seemingly looking for victims

Stuart Thomson is seen walking along the street seemingly looking for victims 

Thompson (pictured) has been jailed for life for a 'campaign of rape' committed in Manchester city centre

Thompson (pictured) has been jailed for life for a ‘campaign of rape’ committed in Manchester city centre 

Detectives trawled CCTV to build a picture of his movements in the lead up to the attacks

Detectives trawled CCTV to build a picture of his movements in the lead up to the attacks

The judge stated, ‘I am completely sure that you specifically chose sex workers as your victims, because you were aware that you could easily isolate and attack them in secluded places to carry out your assaults. You also believed that they would be less likely to report to the authorities, and even if they did, they might not be taken seriously.’

The judge said Thomson had committed sexual offences in the past. She told him: ‘You have a deep-seated and enduring attraction towards dominating, overpowering and sexually humiliating females.’

After the hearing, detectives paid tribute to the bravery of the victims in reporting their ordeals. 

In court, the judge said of them: ‘Each clearly felt that the system was stacked against them, that they would not be believed, a belief you cynically shared. Each clearly showed the signs of the terror, distress and devastation they had experienced at your hands.’

Judge Manley said she was ‘wholly satisfied’ that Thomson was a dangerous offender. 

She told him: ‘You have no remorse at all, and no insight. I am wholly satisfied that you present a very grave and enduring danger towards all females, fuelled by an intense hatred towards them and that this risk has escalated and continues to escalate. You continue to deny the offences, and you seek to portray your victims as liars.

‘You are still aged only 34, and it is doubtful whether you will ever cease to present a serious risk towards females. 

The thug went out armed with a knife and targeted sex workers on the streets behind Piccadilly station after using crack cocaine

The thug went out armed with a knife and targeted sex workers on the streets behind Piccadilly station after using crack cocaine 

He raped three women and attempted to rape a fourth, Manchester Crown Court heard

He raped three women and attempted to rape a fourth, Manchester Crown Court heard 

He was captured on CCTV wearing distinctive items of clothing, including a hoodie with a grey insert on the back, a coat with green lining, a wool hat, and a high vis style t shirt

He was captured on CCTV wearing distinctive items of clothing, including a hoodie with a grey insert on the back, a coat with green lining, a wool hat, and a high vis style t shirt 

‘I am of the firm view that the level of danger you pose to the public is extremely high, and there is no reliable estimate of the length of time you will remain a danger.’

Thomson was handed a life sentence, and ordered to serve a minimum term of 18 years in prison. He has to satisfy the Parole Board that he is safe to be released before he can be freed.

Thomson, of Buxton Road, Stockport, was found guilty of three counts of rape, one count of attempted rape, three counts of threatening a person with a knife, one count of sexual assault and one count of possessing a bladed article. He pleaded guilty to one count of robbery.

‘He is a dangerous sexual predator’

After the hearing, Detective Sergeant Jennifer Savazzi, from GMP’s Longsight Criminal Investigations Department said: ‘It’s clear that Stuart Thomson is a dangerous sexual predator. He forcibly imposed himself upon these women in a violent and callous way with no consideration for the damage he was doing to them.

‘I would like to praise our victims and survivors who have shown extraordinary courage throughout and have done all they can to assist the investigation and prosecution, it is their courage which has got us here today.. This has been a lengthy and difficult process for them, and I am full of admiration for the courage and tenacity they have shown.

Thomson, who was living in a hostel at the time, robbed his final victim of her handbag, leaving her without a mobile phone to raise the alarm

Thomson, who was living in a hostel at the time, robbed his final victim of her handbag, leaving her without a mobile phone to raise the alarm 

Detectives trawled CCTV to build a picture of his movements in the lead up to the attacks

Detectives trawled CCTV to build a picture of his movements in the lead up to the attacks

‘By not accepting responsibility, Thompson has forced them to relive their pain throughout this trial. The harm offenders like Thomson cause are incalculable, but I hope this result goes some way in reassuring our victims, survivors, and members of the public that a dangerous man is off our streets.’

Joanne Lovick, Senior Crown Prosecutor for Crown Porsecution Service North West, said: ‘Thomson targeted lone women and lured them to a secluded location where he raped them at knifepoint. He showed no remorse for the trauma he inflicted with his brutal crimes, which have left a lasting impact on the women he attacked.

‘Even though Thomson denied his guilt and put the women through the pain of a trial, the Crown Prosecution Service arranged for each of the victims to give their evidence in the way that was best for them – to minimise the impact of having to relive their ordeal.

‘I would like to offer my deepest thanks to the women who have supported the prosecution and helped the CPS and Greater Manchester Police bring Thomson to justice.’

You May Also Like

See the arrest of teacher Christina Formella for sexual assault of a teenage student while her shocked husband looks on helplessly

THIS is the moment a married teacher is arrested in front of…

Tory peer and former Page of Honour to Queen Elizabeth II passes away at the age of 79 after a head injury

Lord Charles O’Hagan, godson of the late Queen Elizabeth II, has died…

USPS Chief Criticizes Potential Chaos Similar to Royal Mail After April 1 Change

USPS is heading down a troubling path that could mirror chaos experienced…

Meghan’s Latest Update: Duchess Reveals She Feeds Archie and Lili ‘Chicken Nuggets and Veggie Burgers’ Following Reflections on Her Childhood Diet on Netflix Documentary

Meghan Markle revealed that she frequently serves her children frozen chicken nuggets…

CCTV footage captures the tragic final moments before a disturbed stalker fatally stabs student Sara Campanella in public

THIS is the chilling CCTV showing the last moments before student Sara…

Police investigating possible ‘murder-suicide’ after British couple Ben and Claire Anderson discovered deceased at their residence following relocation to New Zealand

COPS in New Zealand are probing a suspected murder-suicide after a British…

Special Education Teacher Breaks Down While Being Arrested for Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Special Needs Student

An Illinois special education teacher accused of molesting a teen student broke…

US and Israel set to launch massive attack on Iran to eliminate Ayatollah’s nuclear capabilities in long-awaited strike

IRAN’S nuclear programme should have been dealt with “a long time ago”,…

Exclusive Video Footage: Suspect Caught Loading Teen’s Body after Luring Online

When Miranda Corsette loses both parents, she moves in with her grandmother…

“Continued Target Boycott as Employee Raises Concerns and Customers Vow to Stay Away”

TARGET employees have noticed a significant drop off in foot traffic after…

PM cautions about economic consequences for UK jobs due to Trump’s trade dispute, with various industries such as automobiles, steel, pharmaceuticals, and fashion affected by a 10% tariff, resulting in stock market decline.

Keir Starmer warned of an ‘economic impact’ from Donald Trump’s extraordinary trade…

Bus Driver Reveals Details about Virginia Giuffre’s Accident Involving Prince Andrew Accuser

THE bus driver involved in a crash which allegedly left Virginia Giuffre…