NEW YORK (WABC) — The Powerball jackpot has soared to an estimated $1 billion, a whopping prize in a long streak of lottery drawings.
Though no one won big Monday night, don’ throw out your tickets just yet. Some tickets won prizes like $1 million and $2 million.
One $1 million dollar ticket was sold at a gas station on Third Avenue in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx.
Monday night’s Powerball jackpot was worth $922 million.
Monday night’s winning numbers were: 17, 8, 9, 41, 5, with a Powerball of 21.
Some players in Arizona, Georgia, and Texas woke up $2 million richer, because they utilized the Power Play option when buying their tickets. Tickets that won small, sold in Connecticut, Florida, Kentucky, New York, and Pennsylvania, were all worth $1 million.
The Powerball jackpot was last hit in the April 19, 2023 drawing, when a ticket in Ohio matched all five white balls and the red Powerball to win a grand prize worth $252.6 million.
You can watch the Powerball drawings on abc7NY.com/lottery on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday nights at 10:59.
Meanwhile, the Mega Millions jackpot has jumped to an estimated $640 million ($328.0 million cash) for the next drawing on Tuesday, July 18.
You can watch the Mega Millions drawings on abc7NY.com/lottery on Tuesday and Friday nights at 10:59.
Here is a look at the 10 largest U.S. jackpots that have been won and the states where the winning tickets were sold:
1. $2.04 billion, Powerball, Nov. 8, 2022 (one ticket, from California)
2. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, and Tennessee)
3. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
4. $1.35 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 13, 2023 (one ticket from Maine)
5. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
6. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
7. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
8. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
9. $774.6 million, Powerball, Feb. 6, 2023 (one ticket, from Washington state)
10. $731.1 million, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021 (one ticket, from Maryland)
For more information about the New York lottery and to see lottery results, please visit nylottery.ny.gov
New Yorkers struggling with a gambling addiction, or who know someone who is, can find help by calling the State’s toll-free, confidential HOPEline at 1-877-8-HOPENY (1-877-846-7369) or by texting HOPENY (467369). Standard text rates may apply.
Submit a tip or story idea to Eyewitness News