Russia has cautioned that a conflict between the western nations and its partner Iran could result in an “irreversible catastrophe.” There are reports suggesting that the US is making preparations to strike Iranian nuclear sites.
This warning comes following recent airstrikes by the US and Israel on pro-Iranian installations in the Middle East, with the objective of pressuring Iran to engage in a nuclear agreement.




In response to these events, Maria Zakharova, representing the Russian foreign ministry, stated that the use of military force against Iran in the current circumstances of negotiations is deemed unlawful and intolerable.
“Threats from outside to bomb Iran’s nuclear infrastructure facilities will inevitably lead to an irreversible global catastrophe. These threats are simply unacceptable.”
The warning followed a volley of US and Israeli strikes on Wednesday.
The Houthis, an armed Iranian proxy group based in Yemen, said that six people were killed in the land under their control by the bomb wave.
They also claimed the US struck a water project, killing four, in the Mansuriyah District.
And some 17 strikes hit Saada in Yemen, near the Saudi border, and another person was killed at Ras Isa port in Hodeida, the Houthis said.
Israel launched a coinciding blitz on Syria as it continues effort to cripple the new regime’s fighting ability.
They hit military airbases and infrastructure sites in the Syrian cities of Damascus, Hama and Homs on Wednesday.
France has already warned that a war between the US and Iran is “inevitable” unless a nuclear deal between the nations is urgently reached.
Whilst the strikes so far target Iran’s proxies, insiders have told The Sun that the US and Israel are planning to unleash a joint blitz directly against Iran’s nuclear programme.
Trump insisted “there will be bombing […] the likes of which they have never seen before”, if Iran fails to cut a new nuclear deal with the US.
The president set a deadline to the Ayatollah to come to the table to discuss the complete disarmament of all nuclear weapons.
In response to Trump’s threats, Tehran demanded a “firm and immediate” strike on the US’s Diego Garcia military base, where the president has been amassing a huge strike force.
A note was handed to a Swiss diplomat by an Iranian spokesperson, who condemned and dismissed Trump’s statements on the nuclear deal.
The Iranian Foreign Ministry said on X: “During the meeting, the Iranian diplomat condemned and dismissed the provocative statements that violate international law and the UN Charter.”
The Ministry added that their diplomat “formally delivered Iran’s official warning note” which emphasised Iran’s “firm and immediate resolve to respond decisively to any threat”.




The Swiss diplomat ensured that the letter would be passed on to Washington, according to the Ministry’s statement.
And now, following the fresh US and Israeli strikes, Russia has suggested it would come to Iran’s defence with all guns blazing in the event of a direct hit on its ally.
Iran and Russia signed an “strategic partnership” deal in January, though have made no formal commitment to defend each other.
Putin’s deputy foreign minister, Sergei Ryabkov, told the Life magazine that a direct attack on Iran could spark a broader, bloody war in the Middle East.
He said: “The consequences of this, especially if there are strikes on the nuclear infrastructure, could be catastrophic for the entire region.”
The West has long suspected Iran of secretly developing nuclear weapons – but the regime denies this.
Analysts point to stocks of pure uranium far beyond what would be needed for a usual nuclear energy purposes.
It is feared the country is developing terrifying nuclear warheads for solid-fuel missiles with a range exceeding 1,800 miles (3,000km).
Iran’s accelerates nuclear development
Exclusive by Katie Davis, Chief Foreign Reporter (Digital)
IRAN is believed to have accelerated its nuclear weapons development and is building terrifying nuclear warheads for solid-fuel missiles with a range exceeding 1,800 miles (3,000km).
A powerful blast from Iran could impact on several continents due to the chilling capability of the warheads.
Italy, Ukraine, Sudan, India and even large swaths of Russia would all potentially be in the firing line.
They are being developed at two sites in Shahrud and Semnan, which were previously pinned as rocket or space satellite launch sites.
A third site, Sorkheh Hesar, is also said to be carrying out projects, including research on nuclear power and underground explosions.
Nukes are being quickly created under the watchful eye of the regime’s nuclear weaponization entity, the Organization for Advanced Defense Research (SPND).
Bosses are developing nuclear warheads for the solid-fuel Ghaem-100 missiles, which are equipped with mobile launch platforms at the Shahrud site.
Iran’s rocket designers have used North Korea’s missiles as a guide to develop the Ghaem-100 missile.
When the missile was in a very early testing stage in 2011, dozens of missile experts were killed at the Modarres site in Tehran.
Personnel vehicles are banned from entering the Shahrud site and are forced to park at a checkpoint before people are transported in.
Meanwhile, they are using the liquid fuel missile Simorgh to develop nuclear warheads in Semnan.
Iran has staged three successful Ghaem-100 missile launches over the past two years, enhancing the regime’s capability to deploy nuclear weapons.