Paul Feig Addresses Rumor 'Simple Favor 2' Was Scrapped Due to Blake Lively

Blake Lively’s upcoming A Simple Favor 2 hasn’t been canceled amid her ongoing legal battle, according to the film’s director.

Paul Feig dismissed online rumors on January 10 regarding the film studio Amazon’s decision to put the project on hold indefinitely due to Lively’s legal action against her It Ends With Us co-star, Justin Baldoni.

Feig, aged 62, refuted the claims on social media, stating that the movie is completed and will be released soon. He advised not believing everything seen on social platforms these days.

In a follow-up post, Feig praised Lively and costar Anna Kendrick for their work on the project.

Blake Lively is receiving more support amid her sexual harassment lawsuit against It Ends With Us director and costar Justin Baldoni. “I’ve now made two movies with Blake and all I can say is she’s one of the most professional, creative, collaborative, talented and kind people I’ve ever worked with,” A Simple Favor director, Paul […]

Feig expressed excitement about the film, praising the performances of Blake and Anna as outstanding. He encouraged fans to anticipate more updates and revealed that Simple Favor 2 is in the works and will be coming out soon.

Feig directed Lively, 37, and Kendrick, 39, in 2018’s A Simple Favor about a single mommy vlogger named Stephanie who investigates the mysterious disappearance of her friend Emily. Kendrick portrays Stephanie opposite Lively’s Emily.

Nearly six years later in 2024, Lively and Kendrick reunited to film the upcoming sequel. That same year, Lively also worked with Baldoni, 40, on the adaptation of Colleen Hoover’s It Ends With Us. (Baldoni also served as the film’s director, while Lively was an executive producer.)

Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick are set to return for more backstabbing fun in a sequel to 2018’s A Simple Favor. The dark-comedy thriller was based on the book of the same name by Darcey Bell and followed mommy blogger Stephanie (Kendrick) as she befriends a wealthy mom named Emily (Lively). After Emily mysteriously disappears, […]

Lively sued Baldoni in December 2024 for alleged sexual harassment, claiming the Jane the Virgin alum fostered a “hostile work environment” on the set of the summer blockbuster. She also claimed that Baldoni attempted to launch an alleged “social manipulation” campaign to destroy her career and reputation. Baldoni has vehemently denied the accusations and subsequently filed a $250 million lawsuit against the New York Times for their report outlining Lively’s claims.

“In this vicious smear campaign fully orchestrated by Blake Lively and her team, the New York Times cowered to the wants and whims of two powerful ‘untouchable’ Hollywood elites, disregarding journalistic practices and ethics once befitting of the revered publication by using doctored and manipulated texts and intentionally omitting texts which dispute their chosen PR narrative,” Baldoni’s lawyer Bryan Freedman said in a statement last month. “In doing so, they pre-determined the outcome of their story and aided and abetted their own devastating PR smear campaign designed to revitalize Lively’s self-induced floundering public image and counter the organic groundswell of criticism amongst the online public. The irony is rich.”

Lively, meanwhile, denied the accusations in a statement of her own.

“This lawsuit is based on the obviously false premise that Ms. Lively’s administrative complaint against Wayfarer and others was a ruse based on a choice not to file a lawsuit against Baldoni, Wayfarer, and that litigation was never her ultimate goal,” the actress told Us Weekly in a statement.

You May Also Like

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are stepping back from the spotlight following Super Bowl 2025

Reports have emerged explaining why Taylor Swift and her boyfriend, Travis Kelce,…

Blake Lively Faces Criticism for ‘Shocking’ Behavior Towards Co-Star During Impromptu Scene Following Legal Dispute with Justin Baldoni

Blake Lively has come under fire for what fans describe as “disgusting”…

Gracie Hunt, daughter of the Chiefs’ owner, receives indication from her boyfriend Cody Keith about their breakup.

Suspicions have been raised about the status of Kansas City Chiefs heiress…

Another person accuses Diddy of embarrassing him at an event with Beyoncé and LeBron James.

According to the accuser, Joseph Mansaro, the rapper made him wear a…

Drake Granted Permission to Access Kendrick Lamar’s Contracts and More in Legal Dispute; Lawyer Vows to Uncover UMG’s Hidden Information

Erik Per Sullivan from Malcolm in the Middle Spotted for the First Time in Nearly two Decades

Since retiring from acting, Erik Per Sullivan has chosen to keep his…

Justin Bieber Adjusts His Close Group of Friends Due to Worries About His Unkempt Look

Justin Bieber has made major changes to his inner circle as reports…

“22 Flattering Flowy Sundresses You Need in Your Wardrobe – Starting at Just $27”

Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships. We receive compensation when you click on…

Nicholas Galitzine Demonstrates He-Man Training and Muscular Transformation in CinemaCon Set Video

Taylor Swift subtly sends her congratulations to Jason and Kylie Kelce for their new baby daughter.

Taylor Swift is showing love to Jason and Kylie Kelce‘s growing family.…